Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day Three - Three On Three

I decided to paint and put off going to town to get groceries one more day . . . so to alleviate my guilt I did this painting of my little brown paper bag . . . it's been used as a still life prop a few times . . . as you can probably tell . . . threw the apple in about half way through the painting . . . in order to balance the composition . . . enjoyed doing this very loose and painterly especially after the blocks and shoe (see previous post).
This painting is the second one I did of my mother's beautiful black and floral scarf . . . the first one (below) I really like . . . but felt the viewer might not "get it" since the scarf was wrapped around a big shiny black vase and everything was cropped off . . . so set up a more traditional composition and added the little candle holder for proportional reference . . . really happy with the looseness of the fabric in both of these paintings and looking forward to painting it again . . . hint: I painted all the color flowers first and then slapped the dark "black" around them and out to the edges . . .

All three of these paintings are now available . . . only $48 each . . . simply e-mail me directly . . .click on view my complete profile and click on email from there if you don't have my e-mail address . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment