Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 7 - Drawing



Every Thursday I have an open drawing/painting session at my studio/house . .. anyone and everyone is welcome to come from 10am-2pm . . . these are the portraits I did today . . . in a little (4"x6") hemp paper sketch pad with charcoal . . . wanted to practice facial features and the only book I could find in the upstairs studio (with lots of faces) was a memorial/photography book of 9/11 survivors, widows & rescue people . . . so that's where these came from . . . the whole time I was drawing I kept wondering where these people are now? . . . were they able to get on with they lives, marry again, continue working etc.? . . while I was doing these I also kept thinking about the graffiti and neo-expressionist artist: Jean-Michel Basquiat's quote "Believe it or not, I can actually draw!" . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment