Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 19 Going To The Dogs

Jade Sleeping???
You would think with all the dogs I have laying around (3 German Shepherds) I would paint them more often . . . unfortunately dogs (especially mine) know exactly what you are up to at all times. . . even when they are sprawled out and "sound asleep" . . . the minute you start looking at them the move, roll over, wake up, get up or whatever it takes to completely throw off the first pose you have sketched on to your canvas . . . if you don't paint them however they will sleep without moving for hours . . . usually right behind you . . . so that you trip and damn near break your neck everytime you step back away from the easel . . . here is a quick, loose painting of Jade . . . she is two, very young and hyper . . . so she got up and moved around alot while I did this but I like the technique . . . for those of you that are familar with my other dog paintings . . . I worked from photographs on those . . . hence the nice tight crisp details . . . in fact here is a "formal portrait" of Jade I did last year . . . enjoy
Jade 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment