Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 14 Found My Marbles & More

Found My Marbles
The Magic Paisley Scarf
The Pair (In Progress)
I spent most of yesterday cleaning my basement studio/workspace . . . obviously I had lost my marbles . . . in the process found a bunch of them . . . I had this great salad dressing jar and I thought once I removed the label, they would look great in the jar . . . . . . well you can guess the rest of the story . . . I spent way too long cleaning the damn jar . . . because if anything takes me more than 20 minutes (except painting) . . . I pretty much feel it's already taken too long . . . the label peeled right off . . . it was the "industrial strength sticky stuff from hell" that was the problem . . . oh I hear all of you . . . try baby oil, try WD-40, . . .try bleach, . . . try ammonia, . . .try lotion or dishwasher soap . . . or whatever other "magic" formulas that might have worked for you in the past . . . I scraped, I scrubbed, I tired enough solutions mixed together that I was beginning to be concerned about the air quality of my kitchen . . . guess what . . . Orderless Mineral Spirits work!!!! . . . yep that wonderful stuff right there in front of me . . . the stuff I dip my paintbrush into a hundred time a day . . . ugh! . . . oh by the way I think the painting of the marbles in the jar turned out too! . . . the other painting was about the paisley scarf . . . kind of a challenge . . . not sure I "nailed it" but love the colors . . . and yes the plate and bowl are "floating" they were actually placed on a small pedestal that the scarf was draped over . . . makes for an off balanced composition . . .confusing to the viewer?. . . working on the saddle shoes again . . . this is in progress so a lot more to do . . . but figured I would give you a sneak peek. . . my friend Cathy did a nice little drawing of them today . . . who does not love saddle shoes??? . . . thanks Rae Marie for the info on laces for these . . . they are traditionally flat laces not round . . .the ones in this pair are just too thick . . . so making them a little thinner in this painting . . . enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment