Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 26 Two Eggs and Coffee

Red and OnionsWhoa!
Half of Half A Dozen
Two Eggs And Coffee
Eggs are hard . . . this is the second time I did a series of egg paintings (last time in 2009) . . . today eggs proved to be difficult . . . planned to do 3 eggs with the dark background but ended up adding to the background each time as it just seemed too stagnant . . . I painted the two eggs on the dark background over and over again . . . because they are perfectly symmetrical they are much harder than pears or apples . . . the onion painting is from last night . . . maybe I can be a famous "onion" painter . . . as they seem to be the only thing that just slid right off the end of my brush this week . . .these panels I gessoed with a pretty rough texture . . . . should have sanded them more or added another coat as they are harder to paint on (you can see the texture of the gesso in the photos) . . . anyway enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment