Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 18 Rock Paper Scissors

Rock-Paper-Scissors 1 Rock-Paper-Scissors 1 (detail)
Rock-Paper-Scissors 2

What can I say . . . I love "Rock, Paper, Scissors" . . . everything about it. . . . the words, the images, the concept . . . and it's a great way to decide things . . . like what to paint when you can't decide what to paint . . . I've included a detail . . . because both of these paintings (especially the scissors in the detail) are so "painterly" . . . for all my non-painting friends . . . that means look at how the shapes of each object are made up of loose strokes and blotches of various colors . . .all you have to do is mix the right color, paint the right shape in just the right spot . . . and do that over and over again, one stroke of color right after another, all on the same canvas without erasing . . . I you thought painting was "hard" . . . .enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment