Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 25 30,000 Pounds of Bananas

Bananas That Survived Broccoli with 2 "C"s and 1 "L" These are 5" x 5" . . . ran out of 6"x6" panels this morning . . . Glenn cut some more for me this afternoon . . .but couldn't let that stop me from getting at least these two done . . . I have a little story that goes with the bananas . . . if any of you remember the Harry Chapin song . . . 30,000 pounds of bananas . . . it's about a truck driver that wrecks his semi while hauling . . . you guessed it 30,000 pounds of bananas . . . my two favorite lines in the song have nothing to do with bananas . . . it goes like this . . .


His foot nudged the brakes to slow him down.

But the pedal floored easy without a sound.

He said "Christ!"

It was funny how he had named the only man who could save him now.

. . . He barely made the sweeping curve that led into the steepest grade.

And he missed the thankful passing bus at ninety miles an hour.

And he said "God, make it a dream!"

as he rode his last ride down.


Always think of that song when I think about bananas and those lines always remind me that even an atheist will call out to GOD in a foxhole . . .
How's that for off on a tangent . . . sorry I don't have anything interesting to say about broccoli . . . except that I am never sure how to spell it . . enjoy!
p.s. here's the link to all of the lyrics
http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/numbers/30000poundsofbananas.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment