Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year


Happy New Year! - 4x6 - ink on paper

okay here's the plan for 2011 . . . this is my new cool storage box with divider tabs and 500 4x6 index cards . . . of course I plan to paint this year . . . but I've decided to do a 4x6 "drawing a day"for my blog . . . the biggest reason . . .they won't take up nearly the room the over 500 paintings I did in 2010 do . . . notice the black Flair pen . . .I love them . . . I remember thinking how cool there were when they first came out . . . I use to buy one at a time with my "back to school" supplies and always wished I could have one of every color . . . going to start off the year with just black . . . may add color later . . . here's a little blurb about Flair pens . . .
Papermate's Flair was among the first felt-tip pens to hit the U.S. market in the 1960s, and it has been the leader ever since. Following their initial success with felt-tips, manufacturers branched out with a variety of fiber-tipped instruments, including newly popular highlighters.
Hope you enjoy the drawings and watch for paintings and exhibition updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment